Saturday, July 12, 2008

The first hurdle

Last Wednesday, I had my first lecture. I was full of apprehension. I put on my "lecturer face" and off I go the my first calss.

41 students registered but 36 turn up. It is quite a disadvantage as my all my classes is in the afternoon from 2.00 -03.30 pm. It is quite a job to keep the children interested.( they will be yawning away.

I do not know if they understand but the give me polite attention.

I was quite cool exteriorly but I was having butterflies in my stomache(afraid that they might ask a question that I can't answer).
Luckily, everything goes well. My class is a mixture of final , 4th and even 1st semester students.

But surprisingly, the pressure was not as bad as I was preparing a meeting with Mam Or Mdm Z. I really quite enjoy teaching. I think I have made the right decision.
The life of a lecturer is not that bad, maybe it is to soon but just wait & see.

1 comment:

Azah Yahya said...

Nasib baik pandai buat muka garang.. or maybe your students are too sleepy after lunch; they may look at you but their minds are elsewhere.. Glad you have a good time there.